Monday 3 August 2009

Thanks a Bunch!!! now with template

These are the measurements for creating this vase card. The card itself measures 8 x 5.5 inches. Hopefully you can see the other dimensions marked on the card. The dotted lines indicate where it should be scored, and the solid lines (i.e A through B and C to D) are where you need to cut. Basically you need to valley fold the central line (marked as 3.5 inches) and then valley fold the left hand scored line for the vase, mountain fold the central one and valley fold the right hand one. The flowers are cut at 1.5 inches and 2 inches. I stuck them onto hand cut stems, and then glued one to the back of the card, and then two on the inside of the vase front. I added some hand cut green leaves.I then stuck the whole thing into a card measuring 8.25 inches x 6.25 inches. Obviously you can then embellish it as you wish.

I hope you can follow this...it is much easier to do than to put into words!! feel free to leave a message if you get stuck, and I will try to help some more!!





I saw a card similar to this in a book (Paper Pop Up by Dorothy Wood), and decided to have a go. The flowers are cut from Accent Essentials, and the sentiment is from Walk in my Garden. I cut the stems and leaves by hand.

1 comment:

  1. I just spotted you on the UK crafters thread , i did nt recognise your name so i thought i'd pop to your blog and check you out ! You have done some really lovely work and i love this one .
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete