Monday 30 May 2011

My first Christmas card!!!

And it is still only May! I did, however, vow to make at least one every week this year, and this is my first so far, so I am actually far behind rather than far in front!

Anyhow, this is a lovely stamp by Penny Black. The saclloped border is cut from Plantin Schoolbook, and the scalloped circle from Birthday Bash. The background is embossed with both the snowflakes and the swiss dots designs. I am entering this card in the "D is for dog" alphabet challenge here http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/d-for-dogs.html and the card patterns challenge here http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/05/sketch-117.html

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, 1st of many Christmas Cards i'm sure!! love the image ribbons and scalloped border used also the embossed card looks so elegantly done...........:) Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. You may be far behind for you, but you're way ahead of me. Good for you, getting started early. I'm so far behind on my layouts that I can't even think that far ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable!! Love that image you used. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!
    Pretty card!... Thanks for joining us at ALPHABET Challenge Blog this week.
    Good Luck!
    Sonia DT

    ReplyDelete